Monday, July 19, 2010

Who am I?

Today this question keeps nagging at me. There are so many simple answers like Mom, survivor, mentally ill, recovered addict, Partner, woman. I am vaguely aware of every one at every moment and perhaps that is why I feel like my thoughts are so disorganized lately. At times I just want to be. Thats all. just. be. No expectations, no facade about who I am. Luckily that is usually how I am. Its the other little times when that voice of conformity gets in my head that I really start to go a little crazy.

Should I be like this or like that? Should I parent like this or like that? Should I look like this or like that? all referring to some societal norm, likely that I disagree with. Thats just who I am! 

1 comment:

  1. I don't like to label myself. I am many things, a complexity of DNA and thoughts. That is okay with me.

    ReplyDelete